Oxworks is a family owned business undertaking an exciting new growth strategy. Our company is Australia's largest manufacturer and distributor of fencing, privacy screens, balustrade and hardware products. We have a team of 190 staff across 9 locations throughout Australia, and offer a secure and defined career path for hard working and motivated people. We invest heavily in training and support, and reward high performance with competitive salaries and incentives.
Reporting to the National Warehouse Manager and Store manager this role has accountability for the day to day running of the warehouse. We are seeking a highly motivated person with exposure to a similar role and industry. More importantly, we are seeking a person with a fantastic attitude who wants to grow professionally in a company that values hard work and rewards results.
The role is "hands on" and based at our Dandenong DC. You must be flexible to work overtime as required. This is a full-time position from Monday to Friday with a 6.30 - 7am start.
Duties/Responsibilities will include:
- General Storeman duties in conjunction with the overall management and supervision of the warehouse teams.
- Strong inventory management skills and ability to use inventory management tools.
- Excellent customer service skills (internal & external).
- Receiving & Dispatch (checking of incoming stock against delivery dockets and obtaining signed despatch docket for outgoing stock).
- Data entry.
- Picking orders and stock control including regular cyclical stock takes.
- Forklift operation and container unpacks.
- Liaise with freight companies, customers and suppliers.
- Ensure 100% compliance to correct picking/packing and stock movement's procedures.
- Overflow of phone calls and messaging relevant staff.
- Use of email for correspondence between staff and departments (to provide traceable records of any stock issues that arise).
- Oversee and adhere to all OHS requirements including cleanliness and 5S in the warehouse and surrounding yard.
- Updating warehouse locations and layout as required when new products are introduced.
- Drive a continuous improvement philosophy for warehousing.
Skills & Experience
- Warehouse experience with a strong focus on safety
- Ability to handle a "multitask" environment and work unsupervised
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- A current Driver's License
- Current Fork-Lift license – minimum 2 years' experience
- Minimum 2 years as a stores/warehouse supervisor/team leader/lending hand.
- Warehousing and stock control methods and procedures.
- Proven ability to use initiative and develop strategies.
- Training and providing work direction for other members of the team.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to overcome challenges.
- Deal with clients, suppliers and other employees professionally at all times.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment, whilst embracing a leadership role and motivating your staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Motivated, enthusiastic, professional attitude and a high work ethic.
- Accomplishes Supervisory objectives by communicating job/task expectations; planning, monitoring, recommending proactive actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly (at least) physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Mitigate inventory shortages due to loss or damage – Ensure proper handling procedures for materials and products. Ensure loss is reported to National Warehouse Manager immediately.
- Willingness to update job knowledge and cross-train and perform the work of other jobs/tasks in addition to the primary position assigned.
- Complete administrative tasks on time.
- Ensure warehouse and surrounding yard is clean and presentable at all times
- Reliable – Regardless of the situation, will do everything possible to make sure attendance and performance is consistent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk ; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20kgs. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 20kgs.
OXWORKS WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM AGENCIES FOR THIS POSITION.