Eunice Seddon Home
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging
- Higher than award wages - Base hourly rate from $22 + 25% Casual Leave Loading
- Based in Dandenong, VIC
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Eunice Seddon Home, located in Melbourne's South East offers affordable, high quality accommodation to 60 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Wintringham is seeking casual Domestic Services Assistants to work across the service areas of Kitchen, Cleaning and Laundry. The aim of this role is to ensure; Provision of clean laundry throughout the home at all times, Clean and maintain all areas of the Home as per cleaning schedule, Comply with the requirements of the food safety program and to assist with the preparation and provision of all meals, drinks and snacks.
We are seeking candidates with excellent communication skills, a non-judgemental attitude, and the ability to liaise with people form varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Qualifications and experience in food handling, infection control manual handling and use of chemicals
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Physically able to perform manual task including (but not limited to) bending & lifting
- Prior experience in Aged or Community Care (preferable)
- Availability over the end-of-year period highly desirable
For more information about the role you can download a copy of the Position Description by visiting:
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 14th December 2017.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a police records check.