This job listing is expired and may not be accepting new applicants.
The IT Administrator reports to the IT MANAGER, ASIA PACIFIC REGION and has primary responsibility for duties focusing on administering all IT related equipment, support to end-users and provide timely reports to management in H.B. Fuller Asia Pacific region.
- Responsible for implementing and following global standards in the region – participating in a matrixed global IT technical team.
- Interface with external vendors as required.
- Assist in the definition of practice and process standards for the regional IT Environment.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing support of those practices and processes.
The primary customer base served includes internal business users. Areas of focus include:
INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT – SERVER, NETWORK & HELP DESK
- Provide first point of contact for ANZ.
- Resolve user issues on first call or escalate as appropriate.
- Monitor the status of user problems after escalation – provide follow up to the requester.
- Provide status reports as required.
- Support scope will be include but not limited to:
- IT equipment maintenance (desktop and laptop PCs, printers, LAN cabling)
- Security administration on local area network and remote access users
- Systems backups
- End user training
- Disaster recovery procedures and system recovery, virus remediation, etc.
- Coordinate PBX vendor telephone system maintenance & troubleshooting
- Server administration (load checking, system utilization, error checking, and security implementation).
- Manage end-point security through existing tools and software, coordinate recovery with user
- Manage local and network based backups as appropriate.
- Perform preventive maintenance on computers.
- Assist with operating system, application patching, and application deployments using global tools and processes.
- Perform analysis and recommend upgrade on all computers depending on the level of load and performance of each computer.
- Perform training on new technologies whenever there are new updates or versions that comes out whether hardware or software.
- In-charge of replenishment of consumables for fax machines (inks and toners).
- Coordinate activity and remote implementation of required services using external contracting and service firms.
- Provide Level 1 support & analyze Business needs to Global / Regional applications (Prism/JDE, EDI, etc.)
- Provide support & analyze Business needs to ANZ local applications (CreateForm, Payroll, Access DBs, etc.)
- PROJECT SUPPORT [20%]
- Participates in the effort to gather business requirements in ANZ
- Provide local support & coordination for local and global project activities
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, or management information systems.
- At least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area with emphasis in:
- Operating system patching process and tools
- Remote application deployment
- Microsoft Windows XP & Microsoft Windows Server 2003 & 2008
- Backup and recovery techniques
- Anti-virus, anti-malware techniques and tools, PC and data security.
- MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Active Directory concepts
- Cisco Network principles
- SharePoint 2010 (as end user)
- Programming in Microsoft Access
- ERP (JDE or Prism) support
- Understand models & Business process in ERP system
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical language to IT professionals and user-friendly language to end-users (non-technical)
- Strong alignment with diagnostics and problem solving situations
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a remote team and collaborative global environment.
- Flexible work hours are required for collaboration with other H.B. Fuller team members around the globe. This may include remote support or after hours support.
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Experience in any of the following technologies will be well regarded:
- Distributed asset (PC, printer, etc) management
- Networking principles (impact of applications and user behaviors to the network and overall performance of the environment)
- ITSM and Help Desk software (Remedy, Tivoli, CA)
- Distributed PC (asset) software (TriActive, BigFix, others)
- Systems management software (MS SCCM, Zenworks, OpenView, Nagios, others)
- Microsoft Server, SQL Server
- Citrix Zen suite
- SharePoint (admin or developer)
- Mobile computing trends