- Dandenong location
- Full Time
- $45,000-$50,000 Salary packaging
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
The receptionist position here at VACCA is part of the business and administration team based in our Southern Metropolitan office.
The role of the receptionist is to provide a professional and friendly first point of contact to all VACCA clients and visitors contacting the office and will also be responsible for communicating messages and contact to staff in the offices via answering the phone and maintaining the message service.
This role will:
- Providing a friendly first point of contact for all clients and visitors contacting the office
- Answering the phones in a professional and courteous manner, including: providing an accurate record of phone messages via email and ensuring they are delivered to the relevant staff member in a timely manner
- Undertaking general administrative tasks including filing, faxing and photocopying, stationery orders and other office goods
If you have the passion and commitment to make a difference in our community and to support a team that advocates for fair and just treatment (the best interests) for Aboriginal children and young people in the child protection system, we want to hear from you.
Application deadline is Sunday 14 January 2018.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria,
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply